Crews from Hodge Construction Company Inc. of Moline, Illinois will begin work on the restoration of Aledo's Historic City Hall building on Monday, April 16th, 2018. Work will include tuckpointing and cleaning of the brick, repairing the parapets, replacing the roof, and replacing windows and exterior doors. This work is being done so that Aledo City Hall may remain in this location for another 100 years.
Aledo City Hall has been located in this building at 120 N. College Avenue since October of 1917. Before housing City Hall this building was known as the Kliensmid building and as Aledo Machine Company. The property was acquired for $18,500. A July 17, 1917 Aledo Democrat article describes the renovations that were planned for the newly purchased property to make it ready for the City staff's occupancy:
The present front will be taken out and replaced with a new one. A new door with large columns on either side will be put in and a lobby will extend into the building from the door. The front room, now occupied by pool tables, etc., will be divided into office rooms to accommodate the city clerk, city council, etc. In the south east corner of this room a vault will be built.
In the rear part of the building a city lock-up will be installed, quarters provided for the City Marshal, Superintendent of streets, etc. Also the wagons of the City Fire department will be housed here and in the extreme rear will be a room for storing tools, etc., used by the city.
The upper floor will not be changed much. The office rooms will remain as they are and the large hall back of these will be refinished inside and a new ceiling put on, and seats provided which will provide the city with an assembly hall such as it has long needed. 
 “City Buys New City Hall for Aledo”. The Aledo Democrat, Aledo, Illinois. July 17, 2017. Page 1.
Prior to being at 120 N. College City Hall was located above the Aledo Fire Station at the south edge of the property where the Aledo Post office now stands. City Council had been looking for a new, larger location for City Hall and the US Postal Service required a lot of a specific size in order to build the post office and a deal was struck that suited both parties. A photograph of the original City Hall and Fire Station building is included below.