October 1, 2017, Aledo City Hall celebrated 100 years at 120 N College Ave. Prior to moving into the current location, Aledo City Hall was located across College Ave, to the West, at 115 N. College Ave. on the second floor of the fire station. (The Post Office currently occupies this location.)
Upon passage of House Resolution 27477, the search for property on which to build the newly approved Aledo Post Office began. Due to federal regulations, a large parcel of land was needed to build the new post office. City Hall was also in need of a larger building, so an agreement was reached in which City Hall would find a new location and the post office would build on their site.
The purchase for 120 N. College was made on October 1, 1917. Various changes, including a more ornate façade, were made to make the building suitable for the new purpose. This past October, City Hall celebrated 100 years in the same building, adding to the fabric of our historic downtown district. A plaque commemorating this historic milestone will be added to the exterior of City Hall after much needed exterior repairs, including tuck-pointing, roof stabilization and replacement, and window replacements are completed in Spring 2018.