pdf  Contractor Registration Form.pdf (61.23 kB)

All building and home improvement contractors are required to obtain a city license.  The following trades are included: 

    General contractor 
    Concrete / Asphalt 

The following trades are required to obtain a city and State of Illinois license: 

    A copy of the state license must be submitted to the City of Aledo.


All contractors must submit proof of insurance and a bond to the City of Aledo prior to obtaining a city contractor license.  A list of insurance agents who can provide this coverage and are located in the Aledo area is available. 

    Minimum $100,000 / $300,00 liability insurance, naming City of Aledo as certificate  holder 
    Workers Compensation Insurance (unless there are no employees) 
    Minimum $10,000 license and permit bond, naming City of Aledo 
    The City of Aledo does not charge a fee for a contractor license.

Property Owner Requirements

A property owner working on his own one or two family dwelling (used as the owner's domicile) is generally not required to obtain a contractor license or insurance.  The City reserves the right to require a license, insurance and bond for major projects.  

A landlord is not required to obtain a license or provide insurance for routine maintenance work on existing buildings.  The landlord shall be required to obtain a contractor license and provide insurance (or use licensed contractors) for major rehabilitation or other items requiring a permit.

No permit shall be issued until all contractors involved in the project have submitted their insurance, bond and are licensed as required by the City and the State of Illinois.